Information Technology Committee
Charge of the ACOI Information Technology Task Force
- Justification The ACOI is committed to enhancing the professional and personal development of the family of osteopathic internists through education, advocacy, research and the opportunity for service. Information technology has the potential to enhance the quality and efficiency of the healthcare delivery system as well as the ACOI's ability to serve its members. To this end, the Task Force on Information Technology provides an opportunity for ACOI members to serve their profession by taking an active roll in efforts to advance the adoption and utilization of information technology by osteopathic internists, expand ACOI member benefits and facilitate the delivery of ACOI member services.
- Identify information technology that may assist osteopathic internists in the delivery of quality health care services.
- Identify information technology that may assist osteopathic internists in the day-to-day operations of their medical practices.
- Identify areas in which information technology may be utilized to enhance ACOI member benefits for physicians, residents and students and improve the operations of the ACOI office.
- Where appropriate, work with the ACOI Committee on Government Affairs, the ACOI Committee on Practice Management and other ACOI committees and task forces, were appropriate, to facilitate the attainment of the ACOIï¿½s mission.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors in conjunction with the review and analysis of information technology issues.
- Task Force Membership
- The Task Force shall consist of at least six (6) members selected by the President. The President shall choose the chairman from the Task Force membership for a term of one year. A chairman may serve consecutive years.
- Task Force members shall serve a term of one (1) year. If the Task Force is renewed for an additional year, the ACOI President shall reappoint at least one member from the previous year's Task Force membership.
- The Task Force shall include at least one (1) member of the ACOI Committee on Government Affairs and at least one (1) member of the Committee on Clinical Practice.
- A report shall be submitted to the Board of Directors at the Board's semiannual meetings.
- The chairman of the Task Force on Information Technology shall determine, in conjunction with the Task Force membership, the frequency of meetings to conduct the business of the Task Force and accomplish the charge set forth.
- Responsible Staff Person The Executive Director or staff appointee shall be assigned to the Task Force to facilitate the Task Force's operation. The Executive Director or staff representative may serve as the Secretary of the Task Force.
- Self Evaluation Plan The Task Force shall evaluate itself annually. The evaluation should provide for a review of the activity of the Task Force, a reporting of the participation of the Task Force members in Task Force meetings and a review of any actions taken or recommendations made by the Task Force. Emphasis of the report should relate to the mission of the ACOI and enhancing the benefits made available to ACOI membership.